Thursday, October 13, 2011

Life as a Backpacker



ROTORUA MASTER CHEF

This is our own version of Master Chef. Santiago, Yann, Lea and Me. We cook whatever dish that we can cook. I cook an instant noodle! Cheap, easy and yummy.

Everyone in action.


 

Forget to warn Lea about the bird chillie in the noodle.

FREE HAIR CUT, ANYONE?


That day we had a guest from Scotland, Julie. Santiago decide to have a haircut and I offer to help him since that I have a layer cut scissor. Santiago a bit nervous to let me do the haircut. So he ask the people in the hostel if anyone there is a hairdresser. So Julie came forward and offer the free haircut. Cool Julie!


WHAT TO DO IN ROTORUA? - MOUNTAIN BIKING

A few weeks before Lea left New Zealand somewhere in May, we went for a mountain biking together at Lake Tikitapu, Rotorua. Mountain biking is very popular in Rotorua. I'm more into flat road biking.

WE ALWAYS WELCOME NEW PEOPLE IN LIFE


Apis a Penang guy came to join me and Lea in mid of May. He was working for a few days in Napier and try his luck to get a job in Rotorua.

MORE FRIENDS MORE FUN!!!!

The best thing I love about working and living in a backpackers hostel is you met a lot of different kind of travellers and made friends with them. People come and go. Some just left their footprint, some left behind a sweet memory with me, some was ask to leave the place (yes, it happens when my boss ask Karen to leave as soon as possible).
With Yann and Sam, hang out and mingle around the town, we love it!
I love living in backpackers hostel, so much fun!

Drinking, smoke weeds, marijuana, cannabis and playing cards are one of the things they did when together in backpackers hostel. Well,,,,, I understand for some people especially from my country, Malaysia, it sounds really wild and sounds like is this a problem kids? Nahhhhhh, they are just a bunch of fun kids and hippie people who travel and just dont care but just have fun!

With my new mate from Brazil, Leandro.


No comments: