Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rock 'n' Roll Rotorua

REDWOOD
Redwood or Whakarewarewa Forest is one of most spectacular natural assets in Rotorua District. This forest famous with the Californian coastal redwoods.

Different path can be choosen for a walk in the wood, each track has different duration.

Me, Apis, Sean (Korean), David (Holland) & Nina (German) spend our time at Redwood after work. All picture was taken in autumn (May).


MOUNT TARAWERA




MAKING KIMBAP

When I went through my pics in netbook, I found out pics of me making Kimbap. Sean the Korean guy taught us (me & apis) how tomake Kimbap (Korean sushi).

1. Cook 2 cups of rice. After the rice cook, mix with sesame oil.
2. Get a 2 cans of tuna with mayonese. Up to you what kind of tuna you want. Sean get me tuna with mayo.
3. 1 Cucumber, cut into long strips.
4. 1 Carrot, jullienned.
5. 3 eggs, whisk eggs until evenly yellow and fry until flat omelet. Cut eggs into strips.


Using a bamboo sushi roller or a piece of tin foil, lay the dried seaweed shiny side down.
 
Ready to eat for tea time!

FISHING WITH MY BOSS

My boss where I was working in Planet Backpackers in Rotorua, New Zealand took me, Apis, Nina & Jo for fishing at Pukehena Beach about 30 minutes from Rotorua. This is my first time fishing using a torpedo. I never saw one in Malaysia. It's using a battery and it could go as far as 500 meter from the beach.

It was very sunny and we enjoy the sun in autumn. Well, this pictures was taken during autumn somewhere in May.

We went home for some fishes and smoke the fish for dinner. Nyumm!!!


No comments: